500 Information BLD
Renmin University of China
Beijing 100872, China
Tel:+86 (010) 62514110
Xuan Zhou is an associate professor at the Renmin University of China. He obtained his B.Sc in Computer Science from Fudan University (China) in 2001, and his Ph.D. from the National University of Singapore in 2005. He has spent some wonderful years as a researcher at the L3S Research Centre (Germany) and the CSIRO ICT Centre (Australia). His research interests include database and information management. He is especially interested at making data consumable for people with various needs. He has played key roles in a number of scientific and industrial projects in Europe and Australia, and published his work in the major conferences and journals on data management.
Integrating DB & IR for End Users
Diversified Information Seeking
High Performance DBMS
1. Elena Demidova, Xuan Zhou, Wolfgang Nejdl, "A Probabilistic Scheme for Keyword Based Incremental Query Construction" (regular paper), accepted by IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering ( TKDE ), 2010.
2. Elena Demidova, Peter Fankhauser, Xuan Zhou, Wolfgang Nejdl, "IDivQ: Diversification for Keyword Search over Structured Databases", in proceedings of the 33rd ACM International Conference on Information Retrieval ( SIGIR ) , pp.331-338, 2010.
3. Gideon Zenz, Xuan Zhou, Enrico Minack, Wolf Siberski, "From Keywords to Semantic Queries: Incremental Query Construction on the Semantic Web", in the Journal of Web Semantics ( JWS ), 7(3): 166-176, 2009.
4. Xuan Zhou, Julien Gaugaz, Wolf-Tilo Balke, Wolfgang Nejdl, "Query Relaxation using Malleable Schema", in proceedings of the 26th ACM International Conference on Management of Data ( SIGMOD ), pp.545-556, 2007.
5. Xuan Zhou, HweeHwa Pang, Kian-Lee Tan, "WmXML: A System for Watermarking XML Data" (demo), inproceedings of the 31st International Conference on Very Large Data Bases ( VLDB ) , pp.1318-1321, 2005.
6. Xuan Zhou, HweeHwa Pang, Kian-Lee Tan, "Hiding Data Accesses in Steganographic File System", inproceedings of the 20 th IEEE International Conference on Data Engineering ( ICDE ) , pp.560-571, 2004.
7. HweeHwa Pang, Kian-Lee Tan, Xuan Zhou, "Steganographic Schemes for File System and B-Tree", in IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering ( TKDE ) ,Vol.16, Num 6, pp.701-713, 2004.